BT - Behavior Technician
The Behavior Technician provides direct one-on-one behavioral interventions to teach communication, social, and daily living skills and reduce problematic behaviors in the home, community, and school settings. Behavior Technicians will be trained to utilize interventions developed out of the science of Applied Behavior Analysis.
- Establish & maintain a therapeutic relationship by pairing self as a reinforcing entity and building the value for the client of social interaction with the BT.
- Prompt safe and socially acceptable replacement behaviors in order to build a repertoire of communication, social interaction, and problem-solving skills.
- Fade prompts appropriately to promote both successful and independent responding.
- Increase the frequency or duration of safe and appropriate replacement behaviors by providing access to reinforcers (desired items/actions, attention, or removal of demands/aversive situations).
- Accurately collect behavior data including: A-B-C, count, frequency, duration, latency, inter-response time, event, and interval based recording.
- Accurately collect data based on current programming.
- Follow the treatment plan goals and interventions utilizing sound judgment and seek out appropriate consultation.
- Interested in psychology, special education, or behavioral health.
- Proficient in the use of various computer programs including Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and other data collection programs specific to our industry.
- Confident communication skills for interactions with family members and caregivers of the client.
- Excellent written communication skills for session notes and other forms of documentation.
- Flexible work schedule
- Competitive pay ($18-$25 / hour)
- Work directly with children and their families
- RBT training provided in-house
- ABA graduate student supervision available
- Ability to grow within the company
If you’re on the path to becoming a BCBA, starting as a BT is a great way to gain hands-on ABA experience.
We love to mentor and train our staff, as a result, the Pass Rate for our first-time BCBAs candidates is 86%.
That’s well above the National Pass Rate of just 60%.
"*" indicates required fields
The Behavior Technician will report to and be supported directly by a BCBA, Clinical Supervisor, and the Clinical Director.
Summer Program Interns
We are seeking ambitious and compassionate individuals to join us for our Applied Behavior Analysis Summer Program. Our interns are able to provide the necessary aspects of peer modeling to teach our clients how to interact socially with the environment and create long lasting friendships with their peers.
Perfect for students pursuing a degrees in:
- ABA Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Special Education
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Social Work
- Art Therapy
- Music Therapy
Connect Plus Therapy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Connect Plus Therapy is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in the Agency’s policies, the way we do business and is an important principle of sound business management.